Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
As an HRIM Business Analyst – Intermediate/Senior you will be responsible for HR system administration and production support, system configuration and release testing, process improvement, product delivery, requirements gathering, business relationship ownership for multiple HR Centers of Excellence and leading small to large HR projects with stakeholders from multiple divisions.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Models ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies
- Collaborates with stakeholders and project team members on small- to large-scale projects which impact business users, processes and system to identify business needs and solutions, weight opportunities based on estimated business value, and to establish scope.
- Facilitates or participates in collaborative activities with both business and technical stakeholders to engineer requirements (e.g., business, functional, non-functional and data requirements) while ensuring compliance with corporate standards and develop flow diagrams, use cases, user stories and other forms of business documentation used to express business needs.
- Responds to production support issues by performing initial triage and analysis, providing end user support including documenting workarounds and, if necessary, escalating to IT and notifying impacted parties.
- Assists with the development of test plans and strategies, the coordination of testing events, and the execution of test cases in support of changes to business systems.
- Evaluates investment opportunities and establishes evaluation plans and techniques for assessing the results of each post-implementation. Reports on findings and makes change recommendations if necessary.
- Creates or participates in the development of materials used to facilitate the adoption of change by end users including policies and procedures; operating procedures; business processes; training materials, job aids and communications.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to Business Analysts community members as needed and assist in the development of both corporate and departmental policies, procedures, practices methods and standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Applied knowledge of practices, principles and common business processes associated with property and casualty insurance.
- Applied knowledge of information technology and information system development.
- Strong grasp of technology and how it plays a role in business processes.
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Office products, primarily Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Word, and Visio.
- Applied knowledge of administering configurable business systems, including management of system-based business rules, workflow, and processing logic.
- Ability to establish attainable goals, objectives, and work plans while working both independently and in team-based, highly collaborative, environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, facilitation, mediation, negotiation, collaboration, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and develop appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to engineer requirements using templates or tools in a manner that is well-organized and understandable to both business and technical audiences.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, adapt to change effectively and adhere to timelines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools.
- Ability to develop insight into current business performance for the purpose of identifying improvement opportunity candidates using business analytics such as data and statistical analysis.
- Strong ability to solve problems through analytical approaches.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or relevant field OR four (4) years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to four (4) years.
- Four (4) or more years of demonstrated experience in the fields of business analysis or business systems analysis delivering business system and process changes to include one (1) or more years of financial services experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology, or relevant field.
- Seven (7) or more years of business analyst or business systems analyst experience in the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Four (4) years of Human Resource Information Management experience and related system experience such as Oracle Fusion Cloud.
- Experience with Recruiting Applicant Tracking System and administration.
- Experience with web-based application development and support.
- Proficient with the use of reporting tools such as Microsoft Access, Oracle Business Intelligence (OTBI/OBI/OBIEE), and SQL Management Studio.
- Web design and HRML coding.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and Alternative Work Arrangements
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is Proud to Be an Equal Opportunity Employer