No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Advisory Services is seeking a service-oriented Senior Consultant, Data Analytics to facilitate the expansion of clinical insights and adoption of data-driven decision making to support operational and strategic initiatives within client health systems.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead efforts to create new analytical insights and capabilities related to clinical effectiveness, quality, outcomes, performance, and other related areas
- Partner with analytics senior consultants to create solutions that effectively support all known requirements and effectively answer the relevant questions about performance and opportunities for optimization
- Support prioritization efforts of competing business needs within the clinical domain considering resource availability
- Act as a subject matter expert in the best practices of content curation and analytical storytelling for clinical reporting and analytics
- Ensure effective documentation processes throughout all the entire analytical lifecycle
- Create content onboarding and rollout strategies that promote the adoption and utilization of new analytical tools, products, or capabilities
- Partner with analytical platform teams, data engineering, and data governance to support analytical best-practices and common standards
- Oversee the creation and optimization of clinical analytics to support data-driven decision making across the organization
- Promote the evolution of analytics to increase insight generation, root-cause identification, and best-practice adoption
- Evaluate opportunities to adopt sophisticated analytical models that enable insights and clear actionability to support organizational goals
- Create processes and accountability for the continuous rationalization of the analytics portfolio
- Design and implement content curation and dissemination best practices tailored to all levels of decision making (i.e. from real-time tactical decision making to long-term clinical strategy)
- Lead the effort to create analytics that supports effective decision making across all health system sites of care (e.g. inpatient, outpatient, ED, physician practice, etc.)
- Partner with analytical platform teams to ensure accuracy and efficiency in aggregation and alignment of foundational data assets needed to power clinical analytics
- Partner with other domain leaders to infuse clinical, quality, and patient outcome insights into the decision-making process for operational, financial, growth, and other focus areas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of healthcare experience with knowledge and background in health system analytics and / or 3+ years of experience in clinically focused consulting engagements or large internal healthcare projects / programs for health care delivery systems
- 2+ years of experience with operational processes and clinical decision making in the various providers within a health care delivery system (e.g., hospitals, medical groups, post-acute care organizations, physician practices, ambulatory surgical centers, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience managing analytics projects or initiatives with minimal guidance
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking order
- RN or other clinical degree
- Advanced degrees or certifications in Analytics, Public Health, Health Administration, Business, Biological Science, or Data Science
- One or more Epic certifications
- Extensive experience with Epic Clarity data models
- Depth of experience and proven track record creating and promoting analytics-based decision making in healthcare organizations
- Experience and credibility interacting with healthcare leaders including “C” level executives and medical directors, especially to translate complex data analytic information into business value
- Experience in the health care ecosystem, including understanding the relationship between payers and providers, and how analytics enables transformation
- Experience creating advanced analytical methodologies or algorithms
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated success leading large complex programs and/or initiatives where data is a key asset
- Local or willing to relocate to the Boulder, CO area
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: clinical, RN, analytics, business, data insight, operations, Boulder, CO, Colorado, Telecommute, Remote, Work from home