The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Healthcare Customer Service Representative for a well-known healthcare provider, one of the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health centers in the Jacksonville, FL area. This is a temporary REMOTE contract position to assist with COVID-19 calls so is low risk.
Schedule: Thursday - Sunday from 3p-11p
Pay: Based on experience
- Assist with answering questions from the public and health professionals on an emergency hotline (information searching, provision of evidence-based recommendations, charting, collaborating with other healthcare professionals in the provision of patient care and triage recommendations, etc).
- Undertake and/or participate in projects designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Receive guidance, training, and mentoring from more senior professional personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- Document patient information and recommendations in patient charts in the Toxicall.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and current practices.
Preferred Education: EMT, LPN, CNA/CMA, Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Student
Necessary Skills: (list necessary skills such as, decision-making, written & verbal communication, etc.)
1. Must have basic medical terminology knowledge
2. Possess good organizational skills.
3. Familiar with computer data entry and retrieval.
4. Must be able to assess severity of exposures and placate victims and families.
5. Must be able to educate, prioritize, triage and communicate effectively with general public and health care professionals.
6. Ability to interpret information resources and transmit that information understandably to both health professionals and the public.