Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Clinical Technology Services is a clinically oriented health IT consulting group within OptumInsight. We pair technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical and financial return from their technology investments.
Our holistic approach to EHR optimization and technology enabled solutions includes technical solutions, stakeholder engagement and education, clinical workflow redesign, and reporting capabilities to help health systems prepare for and thrive under value-based and risk-based models by focusing on three constituencies critical to care delivery: providers and their care teams, patients, and payers.
In this role, the Consultant will analyze, measure, and evaluate the effectiveness of an organization’s risk adjustment program to deliver informed improvement solutions and recommendations. Consultants will work with your client and project team to establish goals and objectives based on performance data. The Consultant, as part of a project team, will partner with clients on an ongoing basis to ensure that agreed upon clinical, financial, and operational targets are achieved within the approved project scope and timeline. Consultants will use critical and analytical thinking to help achieve goals, drive growth, and measure success. Prior experience in management consulting, including areas such as data analytics, technical project management, process engineering, business analysis, and change management are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you're someone with an entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude, excellent time and project management skills and solid analytic skills; if you have an attention to detail and are able to build solid working relationships, then this might be a great fit for you!
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Client Management & Consultative Support
- Provide on-site and off-site consultative services for a portfolio of clients, including performance assessments, project updates, and content presentations
- Within a project team, serve as thought partner and risk adjustment & population health subject matter expert to provide best practice recommendations partner client project team to drive performance improvement
- Understand basic functionality of the healthcare IT and technology enable solutions / services
- Understand basics of risk adjustment and population health
- Analyze institutions' operational, clinical, and/or financial performance as it relates to the optimization initiative
- Document and prepare presentations on value and ROI statistics for client teams
- Data analysis and QA
- Work with large data sets within excel, analyze data, and identify insights
- Project Management
- Set and execute against project milestones and timelines
- Manage toward and meet timelines
- Provide regular status updates to project leads
- Detailed oriented
- Manage multiple asks
- Prioritize activities
- Internal activities
- Meeting minutes
- Slide and presentation development
- Coordinate and participate in internal meetings
- Support cohort and program level projects and initiatives - e.g., annual client Summit, webinars, case study development
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree obtained
- 3+ years of experience using MS Office (advanced level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel)
- 2+ years of experience with analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Ability to travel up to 40%, USA domestic (as appropriate based on COVID-19 guidelines)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s degree in a health, healthcare policy, or business-related field
- 2+ years of experience in consulting or related field within healthcare industry
- 2+ years in a role executing on multiple activities concurrently
- 1+ years of hospital or ambulatory operations experience (e.g., fellowships, residencies, full-time)
- Knowledge or experience in risk adjustment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.