You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Healthcare Ambassador is a pivotal member of the Landmark Interdisciplinary Team. This role actively engages with patients both in the home and by telephone. The incumbent will use compassion and empathy to earn patients’ and caregivers’ trust, persistence to support and advocate for them, and excellent communication skills to build impactful relationships.
- Conduct home visits and/or phone or video calls to patients to collect clinical and psychosocial information, and carry out designated tasks, including but not limited to: o Resource referral and connection measure documentation, support, and follow up
- Telemedicine facilitation and set up information regarding patient conditions using standardized checklists and templates.
- Partner with Landmark interdisciplinary team (providers, nurses, social workers, etc.) to drive improvement in patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Actively participate in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings
- Reports directly to the Supervisor, Clinical Nurse
Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
We offer 3 weeks of paid training.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience in any of the followings job categories: Social Worker; Home Health Aide; Certified Nursing Assistant; Certified Medical Assistant; Medication Aide; Health Coach; Health Navigator; Healthcare Technician. Candidates with experience similar to those listed here are encouraged to apply as well.
- Comfortable with conducting independent home visits
- Knowledge and proficiency of basic Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel applications (create, modify and send documents, emails and spreadsheets)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Strong preference given to candidates with geriatric or primary care experience, or experience in institutional settings of care such as long-term care/skilled nursing facilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Superb written and oral communication skills, and comfort level with technology.
- Ability to communicate with Geriatric population and time management working alone.
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $17.12 - $30.34. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $18.80 - $33.41. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #Yellow