Health Information Technician - Physical Medicine
The Health Information Technician constructs and repairs data elements for unbilled referrals and provides expertise required for accurate coding. The Health Information Technician researches medical documentation to determine the most specific and appropriate code to describe injuries and illnesses of injured workers. By reducing EDI rejections and adjudicated denials due to non-billable diagnosis codes, this role enhances first pass pay rate, reduces days sales outstanding and builds customer confidence in One Call capability.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works daily risk report to research and repair invalid coded data elements in injured workers claim data.
- Works daily suspense report of billing transactions on hold to research and repair missing and invalid coded data elements.
- Uses a daily report of new referrals and a government provided portal to discover accepted diagnosis codes for Federal employees and inputs codes in injured workers’ claim file.
- Receives emailed, telephonic and system routed requests for coding assistance. Uses medical information and documentation to research and code illnesses, injures and symptoms.
- Contributes to other data and administrative projects as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s Degree (A.A. or A.S.) in Healthcare Management, Health Information, Business, Finance or related disciplined preferred.
- Coding certification by an accredited organization or a school that has been granted certification by one of these organizations or by a regional agency that grants institutional accreditation to properly accredited schools.
- Federal government clearance for handling sensitive information.
- Required to receive annual security awareness training.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a customer focused approach to tasks and responsibilities.
- Intermediate MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills required.
- Ability to receive training and demonstrate proficiency in proprietary software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to follow instruction, prioritize and meet strict daily deadlines.
841 Prudential Dr, Suite 204
Jacksonville, FL, 32207