UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Health and Social Services Clinical Coordinator working with Medicaid / Medicare members you'll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you'll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you'll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all. Want more flexibility, want more autonomy? Work from your own home and coordinate a visiting schedule that is mutually beneficial to you and the members we serve.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
If you are located in Jacksonville, FL, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. This is a work from home / telecommute / Field Based position in the state of Florida.
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via phone interaction or in-person interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
- May require some field work- meeting members in homes, facilities if difficult to engage telephonically or at the request of management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Florida
- 3+ years clinical experience in a hospital, acute care, home health/hospice, direct care or case management
- 1+ years of experience directly working with individuals with special healthcare needs
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite to include Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Access to high speed internet from home
- Dedicated work space from home
- Reside in Florida
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Certification in Case Management (CCM)
- Case Management experience
- Home care / field-based case management
- Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care experience
- Experience in child placement services through both a legal and behavioral health lens and trauma-informed clinical practice
- Experience with vulnerable subpopulations include children and youth with special health care needs, adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, members with substance use disorders, children in foster care or adoption assistance, and members with other complex or multiple chronic conditions
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Health and Social Services Clinical Coordinator, HSS, HSS Coordinator, RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, Medicaid, Medicare, Home Health, Hospice, Case Management, CM, CCM, Vulnerable Subpopulations Include Children And Youth With Special Health Care Needs, Adult Mental Illness, Children, Emotional Disturbances, Members With Substance Use Disorders, Foster Care, Adoption Assistance, Complex, Chronic Conditions, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, Jacksonville, FL, Florida