UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Government Programs Associate Director of Marketing is accountable for the (paid) digital media market approach, campaign management, optimization and results for the Exchange Plans advertising and marketing program. As an individual with strong campaign management, analytical and story-telling skills, you will be a key contributor helping to manage marketing’s impact and influence in driving business results. You will be responsible for creating, placing and analyzing campaign performance across a suite of marketing tactics and tools utilizing data from multiple sources to drive business strategy, specifically: improve consumer acquisition, market effectively and efficiently and deliver optimum consumer experience. The ideal candidate will thrive in a highly matrixed work environment with a high degree of individual responsibility and strong collaboration skills. This person will have analytical mindset and yet be adept at communicating approach, results, and campaign performance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop / implement long- and short-term marketing strategies / goals in alignment with applicable business goals (e.g., revenue goals, membership goals, conversion metrics) that differentiate us in the marketplace and position us as leaders
- Provide thought leadership and influence new marketing strategies to drive development of innovative, industry-leading marketing strategies / programs / initiatives
- Develop and implement marketing campaign tactics (e.g., project plans, budgets, test plans, creative execution)
- Analyze/report results of marketing campaigns using applicable metrics and develop/manage strategies / plans to optimize future performance
- Foster relationships with external stakeholders to nurture / support loyalty, retention and understanding of our marketing efforts (e.g., ad agencies, community agencies, clients, professional associations, educational institutions, regulatory agencies)
- Ensure that deliverables from external partners (e.g., ad agencies) are aligned with applicable marketing goals, strategies, and initiatives
- Cultivate relationships with applicable internal business partners to drive support, understanding and collaboration on our marketing efforts (e.g., Sales, Product Management, Legal / Compliance, Creative Services, Operations)
- Drive understanding of Marketing's return on investment and overall business impact among leadership and other applicable stakeholders
- Analyze customer behavior to drive understanding of current and future customer and market needs
- Conduct/utilize market research and competitive analyses (e.g., strength, weaknesses, strategies) to drive understanding of business requirements and development of marketing strategy
- Define target markets or customer groups and their specific requirements (e.g., segmentation)
- Demonstrate understanding of applicable business strategies / goals and how they can address customer requirements and marketing efforts
- Align marketing initiatives / campaigns with applicable business goals/objectives, as well as the needs of identified target populations / clients
- Develop/revise plans for future initiatives / campaigns based on analysis of results/outcomes from previous initiatives/campaigns (e.g., budgetary requirements)
- Collaborate with business leaders to ensure that marketing intelligence informs development of business strategies (e.g., influence without authority)
- Identify and leverage appropriate marketing channels to communicate marketing messages
- Ensure that the messaging used in marketing communications/materials support / align with marketing strategies (e.g., value proposition)
- Align marketing communications / materials with the needs of the applicable audience (e.g., reading levels, complexity, messaging, cultural alignment)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years marketing / advertising experience, with an emphasis in multi-tactic campaign management (Paid Search, Paid Social, Display and Affiliate) focused on performance-based marketing
- Experience managing Marketing budgets
- Experienced coalition-builder and interpersonal communicator
- Experienced and proven strategic and analytic thinker plus tactical reporting and measurement implementer
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working in a large matrix organization
- Background in the healthcare industry, financial services and / or B2B Marketing
- Very good attention to detail within context of campaign performance, metrics, and reporting
- Excellent communication skills, working across a variety of teams and leaders within forecasting process
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing, Digital Media, Campaign Management, Individual Exchange Markets, Marketing Strategies, Marketing Budgets, Healthcare, B2B, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Minnetonka, Minnesota, MN