Jacksonville Branch - Jacksonville, FL
Government Vendors Business Development Manager
The Government Vendors Business Development Manager is responsible for supporting the identification, qualification, and capture of new business opportunities with suppliers and vendors who do business with the U.S. Government, for all Trailer Bridge service offerings including, Ocean (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and Virgin Islands) and Domestic 3rd Party Logistics/Brokerage. This position will focus on lead generation and creating new business opportunities. They will be a member of the Government Team, and work closely with the marketing team and Logistics Operations to identify and qualify new business opportunities; development innovative capture strategies; and assist in the preparation of sales presentations, quotes, and supporting materials as necessary. This position is required to find and close business opportunities which create positive results for Trailer Bridge, and to pursue the most profitable market segments, consistent with established commercial strategy objectives.
- Responsible for developing new client relationships and maintaining existing ones.
- Demonstrate ability to develop new business in territory.
- Assemble and analyze lead information.
- Detailed understanding of target account selling.
- Develop excellent business relationships all current and potential clients.
- Work hand in hand with account managers, pricing, and marketing to deliver a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills with an entrepreneurial state of mind.
- Demonstrate understanding and execute Trailer Bridge's Sales Process.
- Utilize CRM to track all sales leads, create follow ups and provide documented sales strategy.
- Monitor performance of current book of business as well as any new leads/customers.
- Time and territory management to include daily, weekly and quarterly communication.
- Learn, adapt, and monitor the use of internal procedures and policies to complete assigned tasks.
- Sells the service in a professional manner striving to "close the business".
- Meet and exceed all established volume and revenue goals established by management.
- Maintains account profiles in the CRM database for all assigned accounts controlled and serviced in assigned sales territory.
- Represent customer's interest with other departments, i.e., equipment control, truck ops, pricing and operations.
- Prepares budgets and forecasts.
- Strong work ethic, with high energy, and positive attitude.
- Clearly understands accountability to performance and results.
- Handles other projects and duties as assigned by Vice President Government Affairs.
- Upholds company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports the culture of Trailer Bridge by modeling the attributes and TB12 Core Values of a TB team member.
Qualifications and Benefits
- Bachelor's degree is preferred and/or equivalent domestic and ocean transportation experience.
- Must possess excellent sales skills and teamwork habits to function in a cooperative, interactive commercial group.
- Applicant must have a strong sense of customer satisfaction and desire for every customer interaction to be a positive one.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Superior telephone/personal contact skills including previous telephone customer contact.
- Negotiation skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and schedule form.
- Computer skills with knowledge of MS Office suite of software.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel if needed, and sometimes with short notice.
BENEFITS WE CURRENTLY OFFER:
- Eligible for participation in TB's leadership development program
- Competitive base salary
- Opportunity for internal career advancement
- 401k, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dental coverage
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
EEO/AA Institution. Protected veterans and individuals with disability encouraged to apply.