As a member of our Wholesale or Retail DE Underwriting team, will be responsible for underwriting residential loans for our Wholesale or Call Center Retail department ensuring compliance with appropriate company, secondary market investor standards and all applicable laws. The DE Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. Must be able to underwrite loans within the company and industry guidelines. The DE Underwriter will also be working with Regional Managers, Account Executives, Broker’s, Loan Officers and Processors to secure all required documents.
We will consider remote employee's for this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Underwrites FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Develops and maintains an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LPguidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- Exercises good judgment, conducts reasonableness tests and issues quality decisions
- Determines accuracy and completeness of files; ensures processes are consistent
- Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP)
- Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity
- Maintains pre-established service level standard of decisions within a time frame set by the company
- Communicates regularly with sales team, processors and management
- Assists in the preparation of repurchase responses and/or rebuttal reviews
- Ability to function in a fast paced ever-changing environment.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- DE certification required
- Appraisal review and tax return analysis skills required
- Experience with repurchase response and/or rebuttal review and response preparation
- Secondary market experience a plus
- Understanding of TRID, RESPA and Predatory Lending
- Strong analytical and decision making/problem solving skills
- Possess a keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to handle a high volume work load
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Proficient in computers including LOS systems, Microsoft Office and Excel. Ability to adapt/ learn/utilize multiple software programs.
- Experience with paperless environment preferred.
- Ability to type/use a keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet job demand
- Ability to deliver effective results and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, adapt to a changing environment and have the ability to communicate and work well with Investors and co-workers
- Possess clear, concise and effective written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor in appearance, interpersonal relations, work ethic and attitude
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years of current frontline mortgage DE Underwriting required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- ACTIVE CHUMS ID DE required
Freedom Mortgage is a privately held, full-service residential mortgage lender licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are one of the largest and fastest-growing privately held mortgage companies in the country, as well as a top 5 residential lender in the USA. Freedom Mortgage currently services more than 225 billion dollars in loans. And we are continuing to grow! Freedom Mortgage is proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine’s, Inc. 5000 rankings for the fastest growing private firms in the nation for six consecutive years (2013-2018).
Freedom Mortgage has over 4000 employees and offices nationwide. Locations include suburban Philadelphia (we have multiple sites in Southern New Jersey) and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces (The Indianapolis Star named Freedom Mortgage at Top Workplace four years in a row). We also have large operating centers in Melville, NY; Jacksonville, FL; San Dimas, CA; and Tempe, AZ; and Columbia, MD
Freedom Mortgage team members enjoy our total rewards program, including excellent benefits, perks, business casual dress, rewards programs, training, development and career opportunities. Community spirit is one of our shared values and Team Freedom Cares is our philanthropic arm helping us get involved in the communities in which we operate. Learn more about us and apply!
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans