If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support the development of the Optum readiness model to ensure our cross-functional leaders truly understand operational and technical readiness impacts to support the highly complex end-to-end products and services within their product portfolio
- Collaborate on cross-functional readiness activities, to execute a standard readiness methodology, ensuring operational / technology assessments are in place to support large scale client onboarding process, workforce management / call center support and IT readiness for 1/1
- Execute Optum’s Readiness Assessment methodology, and develop an end-to-end support model, including process design, roles and responsibility definition/alignment, creation of cross-functional SLA and performance metrics to excel Optum’s ability to successful support new products
- Navigate the complexity of the cross-functional environment(s) to ensure end-to-end view and support across technology, product and operations
- Work cross-functionally to bring awareness to technical, product, and operational issues and drive process improvements across end-to-end processes to increase our ability to successfully deploy new products to our consumers
- Take ownership of position by proactively supporting business process change and performance improvements across the product portfolio. This includes driving consistency around non-standard product assessments, making service and support model repeatable and reliable, ensuring reporting and feedback rigor with the customer and internal stakeholders
- Evaluate available data to identify and develop practical alternatives to complex situations. Summarizes conclusions and recommendations. Present pros and cons of recommendations to leadership
- Support the expansion of the Enterprise Readiness operational readiness methodology across Optum’s portfolio of products to ensure controls and governance are in place to manage new product delivery and peak season readiness
- This position requires sound ability to bring together end-to-end teams to develop operational processes and assessments that will enable teams to proactively prepare for the continuous improvement and flawless execution for Client / Member Service experience. The role will be required to make resource and organizational design decisions as they develop the future state of the business, and bring tough business decisions to our executives to drive proactive resolution of significant business issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA / BS degree
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced strategic environment that includes operational design, business process analysis, and associated skills
- Change Management experience
- Experience facilitating cross functional team through major process and business changes
- Experience utilizing data to influence key process decision makers
- Sound judgment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation, conflict resolution, decision-making, & experience working under continual deadline pressure
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Six Sigma experience
- Excellent risk planning skills & risk identification, quantification, & response planning skills
- Experience performing trending and statistical analysis to make tough business decisions
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 7, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: General Management Enterprise Readiness, General Management, Enterprise Readiness, Change Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota