Roles and Responsibilities
- The job duties of a general laborer vary
- Cleaning and preparing job site as needed
- Follow project instructions from Foreman or Superintendent
- Shovel materials to and from construction areas, including asphalt and dirt
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site daily.
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Report incidents immediately to safety director, foreman, or HR in accordance with incident reporting procedures established by the company.
- Any Ad Hoc requests from Foreman or Superintendent
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Physical strength
- Hand-eye coordination
- Ability to understand and communicate information
- Ability to use necessary tools and machines