Non CDL Dockworker - Full Time
AAA Cooper Transportation, founded in 1955, is a privately held asset based multi-regional trucking company providing less-than-truckload, truck load, dedicated contract carriage, brokerage and international services. With directly operated facilities in the Southeast, Southwest, Midwest and Puerto Rico and partners carriers with coverage into Canada, Mexico and across the globe, AAA Cooper Transportation can service nearly all transportation needs.
Responsibilities of Non CDL Dockworker - Full Time:
- Load and unload trailers and move freight across the terminal dock, either individually or with assistance of co-worker, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment, as required
- Load freight to and from dock and trailers according to specifications of Bills of Lading, delivery receipts, packaging labels, etc.
- Plan the loading of freight onto trailers to fully utilize available space and minimize the risk of damage
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state / federal laws and AAA Cooper
- Fuel trucks, tractors, and other company equipment
- Clean, sweep and wash dock, trailers, yard, tractor and other work areas
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned