Job ID: 200720
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This position is responsible for the dispatch function, coordinating with sales department, shipping, receiving, customer, delivery truck services and logistics operations. Will operate forklift in the yard as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents
- Plan effective delivery routes and assign drivers for scheduled deliveries
- Work closely with customer service to understand the product availability and logistic issues of specific projects
- Take orders from customers and get their order out on time
- Inspect all shipping department equipment to ensure that they are in working order
- Check and review all orders assigned before they are shipped against delivery tickets
- Coordinate deliveries with company truck drivers and external trucking companies to ensure timely delivery of materials to customers
- Work closely with independent truck drivers to ensure pick-up and delivery times, load weight compliance and secure loads
- Safely operate forklift
- Prepare and review loading/unloading, daily shipping reports and delivery logs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Submit daily invoicing to A/P once deliveries are dispatched
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent experience in related function
- At least 1 year of related experience
- Basic forklift operation experience
- Computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent mathematical and communication skills
- Knowledge of CRT equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs from ground level
- Ability to mount and dismount trucks from time to time
- Endure intermittent climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing and pulling
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.