The main function of a forklift operator is to operate industrial trucks or machinery in a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location. A typical forklift operator is responsible for the operation of heavy machinery to safely move product load around the facility.
• Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.
• Move controls to drive vehicles and transport materials between loading, processing and storage areas.
• Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts and hoists, to load, unload, transport and stack material.
• Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids and boxes and secure materials or products for transport to designated areas.
• Verbal communication skills, attention to detail, team player and problem solving skills.
• Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Forklift operators’ license required.
• 0-2 years manufacturing experience required.