The main function of a forklift operator is to operate industrial trucks or machinery in a warehouse, storage yard, factory, construction site, or similar location. A typical forklift operator is responsible for the operation of heavy machinery to safely move product load around the facility.
• Inspect product load for accuracy and safely move it around the warehouse or facility to ensure timely and complete delivery.• Move controls to drive vehicles and transport materials between loading, processing and storage areas.• Move levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts and hoists, to load, unload, transport and stack material.• Manually or mechanically load and unload materials from pallets, skids and boxes and secure materials or products for transport to designated areas.
• Verbal communication skills, attention to detail, team player and problem solving skills.• Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Forklift operators’ license required.
• 0-2 years manufacturing experience required.