Formed in 1924, Cowan Systems enjoys a history of excellence and quality in the transportation business. Due to continued growth, Cowan Systems, LLC is seeking the top talent in the industry to join our team in Jacksonville, FL.
Cowan Systems, LLC is a National truckload carrier that specializes in providing high quality dedicated fleet services for companies requiring first-rate performance. Cowan Systems offers dedicated fleet services which provide a customized transportation package designed to meet the specific needs of the shipper; such as specialized equipment, strict timetables and custom reporting. Our 100% supply chain solution includes local and long haul trucking services.
Reporting to the Terminal and Operations Manager, the planner shall ensure all loads are planned for on time delivery as well as maintaining communications with customer(s) and ensuring the highest level of driver satisfaction possible.
Cowan Core Values:
- Safety of our team drives every decision we make
- An entrepreneurial spirit fostered by healthy work environments
- Fiscal responsibility
- Exceptional Customer service
- Oversight of the Fleet planning and plan execution
- Securing backhauls for any non-dedicated freight lanes daily, by working with other departments as well as using DAT and booking freight.
- Driver master schedule development and maintenance
- Partner with the fleet management team to offer the highest possible level of driver satisfaction.
- Partner with Terminal manager, Operations manager and customer to provide high level customer satisfaction.
- Provide Fleet Management with updated special load requirements as dictated by the customer
- Work with the fleet management team to monitor and measure assessorial charges collected/missed.
- Review revenue per truck per day with Terminal Manager weekly. Identify areas of opportunity (BH lanes, empty miles, etc). Develop improvement plan as needed with TM.
- Quarterly review of Terminal performance with Terminal Manager
- Review OTR miles, ensuring efficiency, utilization and driver compensation goals
- Other duties as assigned at Managements discretion
- 3-5 years industry experience
- TMS experience required. TMW preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Extensive knowledge of DOT regulations
- Ability to plan, manage and complete projects
- Ability to work off hours as dictated by the business
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance and urgency
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills