Ref ID: 01120-9502227008
Classification: Financial Controls Auditor
Compensation: $90000.00 to $100000.00 yearly
• Responsible for the development and execution of a data-driven, risk-based Financial Controls Audit Plan for financial controls and grant accounting activities, a critical subcomponent of the Audit Services Annual Audit Plan. The Financial Controls Audit Plan directly reflects the Auditor’s understanding of manual and automated financial controls and grant/sponsored projects activities.
• Provides valuable assistance to Finance and Accounting departments in developing a controls monitoring program based on the concepts of continuous improvement and reflecting the Financial Controls Auditor’s expertise and experience in the area of financial controls.
• Through his/her detail oriented demeanor and expertise, value-added efficient financial controls and grants accounting audits, and reputation as an outstanding example of the Standards of Behavior, the Enterprise Financial Controls Auditor is a trusted and valuable resource on the Audit Services Team to teammates, Finance and Accounting Departments, and Senior Leadership.
• Using clear and impactful data presentation techniques and proven effective communication techniques, the Enterprise Financial Controls Auditor communicates audit findings in a way that facilitates the auditee’s quick and complete comprehension of complicated subject matter, positioning the auditee to be in a position of knowledge and understanding to effect necessary changes in controls or grant’s accounting.
• Embodies and models an approach to the design and execution of audits that exemplifies full knowledge, understanding and compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (“IIA”) standards .
• Models an approach to the creation and execution of audits that is in alignment with continuous improvement principles, embracing learning and exploration and thoughtful critical thinking and search for root causes, independently seeking out information and feedback that results in a superior audit reporting and presentation product that provides value-added.