Financial Analyst III, Finance Analytics
This position s responsibilities include conducting full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, developing analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitoring performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Major Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, create and maintain processes to ensure Finance is in compliance with CMS regulations regarding Part D
2. Reconcile PDE s to the legibility and pharmacy data as required by CMS.
3. Develop a process to address overpayment reimbursement back to CMS
4. Assist in development of a Finance Data Warehouse to track CMS payment data to use in the reconciliation processes
5. Perform analysis of the efficiency and effectiveness of current departmental processes and procedures and ultimately help to implement identified improvements and streamline processes.
6. Prepare, analyze and reconcile financial data from organization s operations.
7. Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
8. Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
9. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
10. Support audit requests for data and develop responses from internal and external auditors.
11. Work closely with various corporate departments to communicate and collect information required for compliance purposes
12. Assist with annual and periodic government reporting requirements.
Minimum five (5) years of Finance experience.
Experience in collecting data from multiple systems.
Managed Care or related industry experience preferred.
SQL experience a plus.
Experience with CMS and Medicare a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial principles and methodologies. Principles and practices of health care industry and strategies, health care systems, capitated risk contracting, provider network structures and risk sharing arrangements a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience utilizing Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Quickly gain an understanding of data requests (scope and purpose) and to produce accurate and useful reports.
- Cross-train and back up other areas of the department.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and management.
- Work cooperatively and effectively on group projects.
- Ability to multi-task.
Bachelor s degree in Healthcare Administration or a related field from an accredited institution required.
A Master s degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
Driver's License Required