Specialist, Cost Control
Applicant will be primarily responsible for Program Planning and Control for various contract types.
- Analyze cost trends in order to correct errors and provide forward guidance to maximize revenue and profit and minimize cost variances.
- Develop and control baselines and budgets.
- Monitor schedule/milestones to facilitate estimates to complete and process scope changes.
- Prepare and deliver customer report deliverables per the contract terms and conditions.
- Analyze/modify cost estimates and re-baseline programs as the need is identified.
- Prepare forecasts using program resource estimates with appropriately applied rates and factors.
- Develop price/cost estimates utilizing established pricing concepts and applications.
- Application of FAR, CAS and government accounting standards.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), perform maintenance and charge number control.
- Perform moderately complex accounting and analytical tasks, including transaction processing, account reconciliation and analysis.
- Analyze program funding requirements and track subcontractor costs & fee.
- Assist in developing presentations and reports for internal and external customers.
- Track, trend, forecast and analyze subcontractor and vendor invoices.
- Develop and carry out long- and short-term objectives and balance multiple priorities.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve moderately complex problems independently.
- Undergraduate degree and 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of basic program management concepts (budgets, estimate to complete, project schedules, etc.).
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Excel skills.
- Familiarity with standard government agency reporting requirements (NASA, DOD) preferred.
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting preferred.
- Effective use of Costpoint, COBRA, COGNOS systems preferred.
- Six Sigma/Greenbelt certification preferred.
- Must be CAC eligible.