Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Meets with organizational unit/department managers to discuss and establish timelines and methodologies for completing budgets.
- Researches and compiles data to forecast and prepare annual and monthly budget projections for a division or similar group of organizations.
- Tracks revenue and expenses on a monthly basis, comparing actual to forecasted figures and makes necessary adjustments.
- Performs economic research and studies in areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
- Prepares reports for management summarizing results of research, analyses and evaluation of any discrepancies.
- Gathers and analyzes current data to aid in estimating future expenditures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of Education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools.
- Analytical and statistical examination skills.
- Ability to understand and apply learned concepts.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public.
- If working with federal government contract clients, an employee is required to receive federal government clearance for handling sensitive information. Employee is also required to receive annual security awareness training.
Entry-level role requiring basic skills with a moderate level of proficiency. Performs discrete tasks working under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment and the ability to overcome minor obstacles while communicating problem areas to others. Consults with senior peers with goal of continually building knowledge/experience while minimizing any risk. This role is focused on learning to apply standards, developing an understanding of the business, and advancing personal professional growth through certifications and tailored goal setting. The position nonetheless exercises delegated authority to make and implement decisions having broad implications to the business. Typically requires a minimum of 1- 3 years of experience in an accounting/finance role or related field of study.
841 Prudential Dr, Suite 204
Jacksonville, FL, 32207