About KB Home
KB Home is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has built over 650,000 quality homes in our more than 60-year history. Today, KB Home operates in 45 markets from coast to coast. What sets KB Home apart is the exceptional personalization we offer our homebuyers from those buying their first home to experienced buyers allowing them to make their home uniquely their own, at a price that fits their budget. As the leader in energy-efficient homebuilding, KB Home was the first builder to make every home it builds ENERGY STAR® certified, a standard of energy performance achieved by fewer than 10% of new homes in America, and has built more ENERGY STAR certified homes than any other builder. An energy-efficient KB home helps lower the cost of ownership and is designed to be healthier, more comfortable and better for the environment than new homes without certification. We build strong, personal relationships with our customers so they have a real partner in the homebuying process. As a result, we have the distinction of being the #1 customer-ranked national homebuilder in third-party buyer satisfaction surveys. Build your career with KB Home. Learn more.
JOB SUMMARY: Assists Head of Finance in preparation and analysis of reports. Manages financial analysts and directs their work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist VP of Finance in the preparation of divisional strategic plan, annual business plan, and quarterly operational forecasts.
- Forecasting ofGMA's
- implement sales increases (decreases) to GMA's
- review base price/option allowances and compare to historical data
- review of finished lot costs / model expenses
- set option revenue/costs based off historical data and showroom manager input
- review of closing costs, broker co-op fees, internal sales commissions and sales allowances
- Forecasting ofGMA's
- Coordinate financial statement process with National Accounting Center (NAPA).
- Review onsite purchasing monthly plan elevation budget updates, where needed
- Assist departments with account coding for NAPA
- Review monthly accruals (marketing), re-classifications based upon fixed cost review
- Provide information to NAPA for non-routine accruals
- Coordinate monthly financial reporting package submissions to NAPA
- Coordinate monthly overhead budget versus actual review and analysis
- Prepare all documents, schedules and information requirements and requests in a timely manner.
- Quarterly Flash
- Questions regarding business plans
- Cash flow projections for land acquisitions and development spending
- Ownership of weekly internal reporting process including weekly ops meeting schedules and pricing sheets
- Support land acquisition and development departments in management of budgets, commitments, and invoice processing
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA certificate a plus
- 2-6 years experience working for a public accounting firm OR 2-6 years experience in Finance/Accounting within the construction industry (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong financial and accounting skills, as well as analytical and computer skills.
- Knowledge of how KB Home does business, Policies and Procedures, and Accounting Standardization Policies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with flexibility for longer hours as needed
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.