Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Register Geologist or Registered Professional Civil / Geotechnical Engineer for our Jacksonville, Gainesville, West Palm Beach, Miami, and / or Tampa offices with a minimum of 10 years experience in a responsible role performing subsurface investigations. Oversee and monitor core drilling and geotechnical subsurface sampling via continous and / or standard SPT techniques, large diameter coring within rock units, sonic drilling, vibracoring, field and in situ testing. Perform field classification of material and complete detailed field logs as per required by Corps of Engineers. Assist with other projects and clients as necessary. The primary role of these positions is to support the USACE Jacksonville District Geotechnical and Materials testing contract.
- Present for all drilling operations
- Observe and record the drilling operations, along with the characteristics of the subsurface materials
- verify the technical accuracy of all borings
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on environmental projects
- Travel within Florida is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Geology, and / or applicable science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, ideally including at least 5 years of experience with subsurface investigations
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Professional Geologist (PG) certification in Florida
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively oversee subsurface drilling and sampling
- Exhibit ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER Training desired
- Experience with the following regulatory agencies a plus: FDEP, EPA, SJRWMD, USACE
- Must pass drug test, physical and background check and possess a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood’s driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.