Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
As a Field Based Community Health Worker (CHW), you will act in a liaison role with Medicaid members to ensure appropriate care is accessed as well as to provide home and social assessments and member education. CHW’s work in a team-based structure and spend the majority of their time in the community engaging directly with members. Interesting in learning to work with medically complex patients who may be experiencing significant addiction and/or behavioral health conditions is important for this role.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (_:00am - _:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. This position is a field-based position with a home-based office. You will work from home when not in the field.
If you are located in the King County, WA area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
We offer 5 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday - Friday.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- Help member set goals and develop a care plan to achieve those goals
- Proactively engage the member to manage their own health and healthcare
- Support the member to improve their wellbeing by staying out of the hospital, and attend regular visits to their primary physician
- As needed, help the member engage with mental health and substance use treatment
- Support the member to ensure pick-up of their prescriptions
- Provide member education on community resources and benefits
- Conduct post discharge activities from hospital facility and support connection to social services
- Support member to engage in work or volunteer activities, if desired, and develop stronger social supports through deeper connections with friends, family, and their community
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- May conduct Health Risk Assessments (HRA) if needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Must have resided within the local community for 2+ years
- Knowledge of culture and values of community
- Familiarity with the resources available in the community
- Must live in the King County area
- Have a designated workspace inside the home with access to high speed internet
- Ability to travel locally, up to 60 miles round trip and up to 75% of the time
- Must have your own means of transportation
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a health related field
- Knowledge and /or experience with behavioral health or substance use disorders
- Previous care management experience
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant
- CHW Accreditation
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid and/or Medicare population
- Field based experience
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: community, behavioral health, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Certified Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aide, Certified Medical Assistant, CHW Accreditation, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo