Executive Director of Product Management - Taste & Sensory Solutions
Our client is a global leader in the development of spice and herb extracts, natural colors, antioxidants and hop extracts for the food, beverage, nutritional and pharmaceutical markets! We have been retained to find a talented Executive Director of Product Management to oversee their Taste & Sensory Solutions portfolio. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Job Summary: Responsible for providing strategic leadership and management of the assigned product lines within the global Taste and Sensory Solutions business. Establish short and long-term goals with plans to achieve growth and profitability for the product lines worldwide. Maximize the sales, profits, and associated benefits derived from the product lines by executing on your strategies through influencing and collaborating with others in the organization globally.
Essential Job Functions:
- Shape and design the global product line strategy to strengthen the competitive position of the company worldwide through effective leadership and management.
- Establish revenue and gross margin goals each year for the product lines. Collaborate closely with global leaders and sales leaders to identify commercial targets and align on key activities to realize goals. Take a proactive approach while also providing timely response times reactively.
- Own the innovation targets and provide commercial prioritization and leadership of StageGate projects that contribute to the relevance and sustainability of assigned product lines.
- Collaborate with the sales, marketing and technical teams to develop and implement plans for improving product line performance to accommodate the growth strategies of the company.
- Create compelling business cases with financial tools such as IRR to gain support for new initiatives that require resources, talent or capital investment.
- Gather and analyze marketing and competitive information relevant to the product line including consumer insights and market trends, pricing, competitive analysis, sales, regulatory environment and market/product positioning.
- Integrate support and operational functions that are critical to the product line including global sales, customer service, research and development, quality, product applications, procurement, and regulatory, by building collaborative relationships.
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and execute tactics, policies, forecasts, practices and procedures, which support the product strategy.
- Execute business strategies on a global, national, regional, industry and customer level including pricing, product positioning, forecasting, promotion & advertising.
- Lead the development of marketing needs and branding strategy for new products and applications. Coordinate with Marketing to create a strategy, plan and budget for execution to realize sales revenue and profits.
- Responsible for the Gross Margin ($ and %) and Net Gross Margin greater than $20 million for the Business Unit on a global basis. Responsible for supporting Sales Revenue of greater than $35 million on a global annual basis within the Business Unit.
- Master’s degree in food science/technology or business or equivalent combination of education and commercial experience in the food industry. And 5 to 10 years of food industry experience in Sales & Marketing or Product Management within the Flavor Industry.
- A historical job promotional pattern, which shows potential for a top leadership role in the future.
- Desired: M.B.A; Multilingual or Bilingual; PhD in Food Science, International experience.