NO C2C / Only W2 with Fasttek / Visa Transfer and Sponsorship and GC initiation available
Systems Engineering Consultant/Expert #437756
· Seeking a Data Engineer to create, deliver, and support custom data products, as well as enhance/expand team capabilities.
· They will work on analyzing and manipulating large datasets supporting the enterprise by activating data assets to support Enabling Platforms and analytics.
· The focus will be understanding available data and the current data framework, working with business partners to collect requirements, creating data products, monitoring and ongoing support.
· They will expand their business knowledge, cross functional collaboration skills, business intelligence acumen, and technical experience.
· The candidates must have strong self-discipline, demonstrate high initiative, and possess a passion for life-long learning to face evolving challenges in rapidly changing technology.
· The successful candidate should be able to quickly conduct research and choose appropriate methodologies, tools and solutions to address real business problems.
· We will work together to understand our changing world, identify new opportunities, and take action to design and innovate for the future.
- Understands data landscape and environments: sources, elements, update frequency, completeness, stewards/contacts, and platforms
- Should be able to use tools like Python to provide solutions for business.
- Find creative, cost & time effective solutions to provide automated Data Lineage in Informatica EDC for Datastage jobs.
- Translates business requirements to build scalable, sustainable, efficient, coded processes that can be productionized and readily modified by other data engineers
- Awareness of compliance with: data privacy, security, legal and contractual guidelines
- Strategic Thinking: Able to influence the strategic direction of the company by identifying opportunities in large, rich data sets and creating and implementing data driven strategies that fuel growth including cost savings, revenue and profit
- Data Analysis: Ability to identify trends and relationships between different pieces of structure/unstructured data from varying sources to expose and highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends, draw appropriate conclusions.
- Create visualizations to connect disparate data, find patterns and tell engaging stories.
- Communications: Capable of turning dry analysis into an exciting story that influences the direction of the business and communicating with diverse teams to take a project from start to finish.
- Collaborate with product teams to develop and support our internal data platform and to support ongoing analysis .
· Strong drive for results and ability to multi-task and work independently
· Self-starter with proven innovation skills
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
· Demonstrated commitment to quality and project timing
· Demonstrated ability to document complex systems
· Experience in creating and executing detailed test plans
· 7+ years ETL and related tools/applications experience including:
Ø Integration of data from multiple data sources
Ø Various ETL (Informatica ETL and MDM) techniques and frameworks Teradata (Very good Sql skills)
Ø Good Data Warehousing Experience
Ø Data Analysis
· Experience of Db2, Cobol and Mainframe is a plus.
· Experience with delivery of Customer 360 solution is a plus AI\ML, data scientist experience is a plus Automotive Finance
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field of study
At FastTek Global, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet . We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories . Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra . We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve and have a little fun along the way.
We have been doing this with pride, dedication and plain, old-fashioned hard work for 24 years !
FastTek Global is financially strong, privately held company that is 100% consultant and client focused .
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest . Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things and we do them for Fortune 10, Fortune 500, and technology start-up companies.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose the benefits you need or want, options include:
• Medical and Dental (FastTek pays majority of the medical program)
• Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
• Long Term Disability (100% paid)
• Life Insurance (100% paid)
• 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
FastTek Global was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020!
To view all of our open positions go to: www.fasttek.com/fastswitch/findwork
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fasttekglobal
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/fasttekglobal
Find us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/fasttek
You can become a fan of FastTek on Facebook: www.facebook.com/fasttekglobal/