Perform assigned functions within Escrow Administration timely and accurately while remaining compliant with all state, federal and investor guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interact with outsourcing vendors for information and account updates relative to real estate tax processing, insurance tracking and hazard loss claims.
- Set-up payee headers; reconcile disbursements and escrow refunds.
- Assist with vendor issues, such as pulling legal descriptions, loading flood determinations, etc.
- Assist in responding to audits, procuring documents, with department mailings and other clerical duties.
- Handle/process checks and wires, stop payments, return checks and refunds.
- Department lead for completion of monthly escrow analysis trial reviews.
- Coordinate escrow analysis out of compliance reviews.
- Perform quality control testing of escrow analysis and PMI billing report.
- Correct and analyze PMI DI exceptions.
- Administer the PMI/MIP removal process to ensure that coverage is removed in accordance with applicable investor and regulatory requirements.
- Research items related to tax penalties, tax and insurance matters, loss draft claims and/or escalated client issues.
- Perform various functions on mortgage servicing system, including but not limited to, review/clear assigned tasks within required timeframes; document required notations; monitor vendor tasks and responses.
- Monitor/respond to email inquiries.
- Coordinate department audit requests.
- Advise supervisor/manager of status of work, unresolved escalated items and/or potential risk/exposure issues.
Other Related Duties:
- Minimum 2 years mortgage servicing experience preferably in Real estate taxes, homeowners insurance, flood, Mortgage
- Insurance and/or loss draft claims areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and follow-up skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to writer reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to solve practical, problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is normally performed in a typical office environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous elements.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks and functions listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans