COME BUILD YOUR FUTURE WITH PRESIDIO!
We know technology is the key to success in a connected world. The innovative solutions we provide our clients can unlock possibilities that transform their business. While technology permits that connection, technology without imagination and ingenuity cannot be effective. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Engineer, Managed Services Virtualization
Presidio is seeking an Engineer, Managed Services Virtualization, to join our team in a remote capacity who will be working within our Presidio’s Managed Services division responsible for delivering traditional enterprise infrastructure services for client data center solutions.
- Troubleshoot client device and application issues via phone and remote access
- Perform warranty and maintenance equipment replacement
- Engage vendor support on behalf of our clients
- Utilize all available resources to analyze and resolve problems.
- Respond to customer service calls and emails in agreed upon timeframe
- Manage service tickets that are assigned to your personal queue
- Mentor associate level team members
- Stay current with latest hardware and software versions and security vulnerabilities
- Participate in an on-call rotation during which you will be called upon to work off-hours to support customer escalations
- Contribute to an internal knowledgebase as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical understanding of enterprise networking and virtual network technologies
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP and the OSI model
- Technical understanding of software defined storage solutions
- Technical understanding of software defined network solutions
- Technical understanding of traditional and virtual backup solutions
- Expertise with VMware vSphere, PowerCLI, and/or vSphere SDKs
- Expertise with block level and file level storage protocols, SAN switching, and enterprise storage arrays and replication technologies
- VMware NSX, VMware vSAN, VMware SRM, Cisco UCS, Cisco Nexus switching, EMC Avamar, and Nutanix expertise are a plus
- Network and server troubleshooting experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and *nix operating systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel as needed for training opportunities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent work experience and/or military experience
- 3+ years of hands on experience with virtualized, enterprise compute and storage infrastructure
- Cisco CCNA, VMware VCP, Nutanix NCP, NetApp NCDA, and EMC EMCISA certifications or the ability to acquire them within 12 months of employment
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DE&I change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a leading global IT solutions provider assisting clients in harnessing technology innovation and simplifying IT complexity to digitally transform their businesses and drive return on IT investment. Our Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions enable our almost 7,000 middle market, enterprise, and government clients to take advantage of new digital revenue streams, omnichannel customer experience models, and the rich data insights generated by those interactions.
We serve as an extension of our clients’ IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Within Presidio’s 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India, we support 2,800+ professionals, including 1,600 technical engineers. Presidio is a trusted advisor to our clients on a national level while also bringing our global scale and expertise to bear.
For more information visit: www.presidio.com
Engage Presidio, where the digital future is built.
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf (Get Acrobat Reader)
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3rd Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3rd Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3rd Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3rd Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.