SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Engineer, I&E, IND TSS you will be responsible for engineering services such as the planning, design, analysis, specification development and application, procurement adherence to the design and commissioning for the project, assuring that the project facility is safe, operable, maintainable, cost-effective, constructible, reliable and meets the design intent of the project.
- Primary owner for (including development and maintenance of) plant process control system. This includes related electrical and instrument drawings, procedures and other documentation. Keep each up to date, manage change, and provide communication and training.
- Maintain the mechanical integrity program for all I&E related devices and equipment. Organize and maintain critical documentation library on plant equipment and processes for operation, maintenance, and legal requirements.
- Provide support to E&I technicians, process engineer(s), and other maintenance or production personnel for electrical, instrument and controls troubleshooting. Perform failure and root cause analysis and make technical recommendations for repairs and replacements considering economics and plant availability risks. Provide daily technical support for instrumentation and controls problems.
- Initiate, plan and implement long term projects to improve the process control reliability. Provide plant specific technical expertise on the application of new process instrument and controls developments.
- Work with maintenance to set standards and training requirements for the E&I technician team. Provide mentorship to the E&I technicians to improve overall maintenance performance and use of new technology.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to improve safety, environmental compliance, throughput, quality, costs, housekeeping, and employee commitment. Assist in prioritization of improvement needs, develop and implement improvements.
- Actively participate in EH&S initiatives. Serve as a leader for site EH&S culture.
- Perform other duties as needed, such as leading or participating in six sigma projects, budgeting, HAZOPS, large capital project teams, etc.
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial or domestic purposes.
- Performing a wide range of engineering tasks by operating computer-assisted design or engineering software and equipment.
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings or topographical maps.
- Establishing construction, manufacturing or installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations.
- Ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, manufacturing, construction, maintenance, documentation, support or testing activities.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Calibration and Maintenance of Plant and Platform instrumentation;
- Identifies and obtains required spare parts from the onsite warehouse inventory.
- Recommends all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence.
- Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program).
- Performs administrative duties as required/ assigned.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ yrs. Experience major capital projects
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.