The e-Learning Developer analyzes, recommends, develops, and supports innovative instructional solutions to meet a variety of educational needs using appropriate technology, grounded in educational theory and instructional design. Creates standard and custom training programs in multiple modalities, including traditional instructor-led courses, virtual (webinar) courses (synchronous and asynchronous distance learning), self-paced course materials, multi-media e-learning courses, and training kits that support end user programs.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs effective instructional materials, interactions, simulations, and assessments to support the required instructional strategy.
- Follows best practices in technical development to ensure a consistent development process.
- Designs and develops criterion-based training assessments.
- Responsible for management, coordination, and troubleshooting of learning management systems/training portals, and training related websites and applications, including communication with internal and external users.
- Develop a solid understanding of One Call products and processes to complete tasks.
- Reviews and accurately interprets technical documentation including use case scenarios, functional specifications, system specifications, and technical specifications as they pertain to course development.
- Uses current and state of the art tools and technologies for the development, maintenance, production, and distribution of multi-media training materials / web-based training content.
- Follows best practices in project management to develop and track project schedules using a consistent project management methodology
- Researches and recommends new technologies in the field of education.
- Consult with business leaders and subject matter experts to identify training needs.
- Interacts with product owners and managers, subject-matter experts, application development teams, business analysts, management, and others as needed to determine the scope of a project and to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of training programs.
- Assesses feedback from learners to evaluate and improve effectiveness of training.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Design preferred. Instructional Design or e-Learning Development Certification preferred, Technical Writing, or Web Design and Development, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of instructional design principles and methodology.
- Understanding of adult education concepts.
- Knowledge of information design and mapping concepts.
- Experience managing learning in an LMS.
- Ability to complete voice narrations for learning modules.
- Technical aptitude.
- Skill in preparation of course material for all training modalities (written manuals, online content, etc.).
- Skill in developing training assessments that effectively measure learner comprehension and evaluations for feedback to make improvements based on results.
- Project management skills, including scope definition, risk assessment, estimating, and reporting; ability to prioritize and complete tasks; strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including editing course content for correct punctuation, syntax, and grammar.
- Creativity and an aptitude for graphic and visual design appropriate to the business environment and training audience.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within the organization, internally and externally.
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10lbs weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised this job description is subject to change at any time.
- Entry Level Role. Collaborates with training department management to define resource requirements. Provides status updates for projects as required. Takes a lead role in developing a strategy, managing, and administering learning management systems/training portals, and training related websites and applications (i.e. - intranet, extranet). Coordinates or contributes to all LMS activities, LMS system updates, and LMS implementation projects for and with business units using/implementing the LMS. Skill using development tools and technologies. Expert skill level with all development tools and technologies. Works with minimal supervision. Typically requires a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in instructional design, course development, technical communications, or a related field.