American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The District Manager is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of their assigned residential property portfolio within the assigned geographic market. In major markets, the District Manager may act as the corporate broker of record for the state in which the portfolio is located. This position is responsible for mentoring, training and supporting the local district team by driving portfolio profitability and ensuring that all goals align with the overall company goals.
Responsibilities -- Drives the profitability of the district by using market knowledge and analysis to drive rental growth; maintains elevated levels of occupancy; mitigates expenses for vendor negotiation and accountability and minimizes the turn cycle time
- Oversees the day-to-day operations including rent collection, customer service, tenant turn process, leasing activities and HOA compliance
- Assists property management leasing and field teams
- Responsible for special-case properties including those with evictions, escalated customer service issues, disposition considerations and potential legal issues
- Analyzes monthly financials to increase profitability and adhere to company budgets
- Makes recommendations to regional management and assists in implementation of new processes
- Complies with state real estate laws and adheres to the policies to ensure seamless internal and external audits
- Executes the implementation of resident retention programs
- Evaluates the efficiency of programs and makes recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Management or a related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a management role, managing direct reports required
- Minimum of five (5) years of directly related progressively responsible experience in an operational or related role required.
- It is preferred if the experience is the following areas/industries:Property Operations, Real Estate, or Property Management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- State real estate license required
- Valid driver's license required
- Experience with property management software a plus
Work where you feel right at home -
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Related Keywords - property management, property manager, regional manager, real estate management, residential property management, real estate asset management, district manager, real estate, business management, property operations, real estate license