Remedy is looking for a Dispatcher at a logistics transportation company in South Jacksonville!
Pay: $20 + (depending on experience)
Shift: Friday - Monday Shift (off Tuesday - Thursday)
Weekdays 8am - 5pm Weekends 7am - 7pm
The primary responsibility for the Dispatcher is the execution of the day-to-day transportation activities for our customers. This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with internal and external customers as well as vendors. This position directly reports to the Operations Manager.
- Weekly Pay
- Temp to Hire Opportunity
- Free Online Courses with Penn Foster
- Medical, Dental, & Vision (provided while working as a Remedy employee until you get permanent!)
INTERESTED! APPLY TODAY for immediate consideration! Call 904.399.4171 to schedule your interview! If you have already interviewed with our South Remedy office text us directly at 904.399.4171 with the position title along with your first and last name!
- Complete accurate dispatching of trucks to ensure that the flow of product in and out meets customer demands
- Negotiate with transportation providers to obtain best rates and service
- Monitor shipments from pickup through delivery so that accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment (Track & Trace)
- Maintaining relationships established with carriers to ensure capacity and monitor service standards
- Communicating effectively with carriers and team members
- Update and maintain transportation management and operation systems
- Prioritizes tasks and workload to focus on issues that directly impact quality and service performance
- Provide complex problem resolution and swiftly implement the appropriate solutions
- Utilize specialized industry and company computer systems and procedures, reference materials/documentation and personal industry knowledge to process client shipments
- Required to participate in a rotating on-call schedule, including weekends
- Mandatory to work extended hours during end of month; end of quarter; and end of year cycles, as needed to meet customer needs
- Maintains regular, timely, and consistent attendance at work
- Perform other duties as assigned