UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Clinical Data Services Management (CDSM) team manages the platforms and processes that collect clinical information from provider organizations to support quality reporting, utilization management, and provider performance management. CDSM also manages prospective and retrospective HEDIS processing, and other processes to improve quality of care as part of United Healthcare’s (UHC) many and varied clinical programs.
The Director, Technical Program Management, Clinical Data Services is responsible for management and administration of technical projects and programs. The Director will manage multiple levels of staff as part of multiple concurrent project teams (potentially under the same program) and be in a lead role deploying multiple functions across one or more business units. Responsibilities will also include day to day management of internal and external communications with business partners and other key stakeholders, including close collaboration across all functions within the department. The Director must have experience with Agile development processes, project management, program management, basic accounting and budgeting experience. The Director will have responsibility for coordinating with engineering teams, and confirming dates and deliverable scope with engineering team leadership. The Director will support the achievement of financial results (budgets and actuals). Project management, implementation and staff management experience is required.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the management of complex business and technical programs, including identification and delivery of strategic value, managing programs to deliver that value, and management of programs against calendar and budget
- Provides leadership in standing up operations including setting key performance indicators and service level standards, including triage management and support
- Impact of work is most often across lines of business with responsibility for a major portion of ensuring business continuity, setting metrics for operations performance and high-quality outcomes
- Role will be instrumental in achieving department business goals, financial and non-financial, and will work proactively with cross functional teams to ensure delivery on business commitments
- Provides sound triage management and problem-solving, with the ability to rapidly understand the business issues at hand and work across the teams to problem solve in an expedited manner
- Designs and manages business and technical programs to deliver on defined strategies
- Designs operations processes and reporting structures to meet business service level requirements
- Directs others to resolve highly complex or unusual business or technical problems that affect major functions or disciplines
- Drives programs that impact markets of customers and consumers
- Mentors other senior professionals
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Responsibilities include strong ability to communicate at all levels including at the senior leadership level and below
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- Master’s degree in a business discipline
- Hands-on experience in multiple clinical settings (acute and ambulatory), and familiar with the business process in those settings
- Working experience in serving in a ‘bridge’ role between business and technology
- Working experience in the systems development lifecycle (SDLC) of complex technology deployments
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Background in healthcare
- Knowledge of clinical data standards (e.g. HL7), EMRs (e.g. Epic)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Program & Operations, Clinical Data Services, Program Director, Operations Director, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote