UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director - Pharmacy Network role will be accountable for maintaining relationships with key network pharmacies as well maintaining existing, and driving new, pharmacy network initiatives. In this role you will be able to build pharmacy network solutions that help achieve the business goals of UnitedHealthcare’s Medicaid, Medicare, and Exchange pharmacy benefits.
This position is an integral part of the UnitedHealthcare Pharmacy team, reporting to the VP of Pharmacy Network and Exchanges.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges. We prefer a candidate within a commutable distance of our Minnetonka, MN or Pittsburg, PA offices, but will consider nationwide telecommute.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with assigned retail pharmacy partners
- Serves as the organization’s primary point of contact for all activity impacting assigned retail partners
- Work with these retail partners to deploy tailored programs that help achieve UHC’s business goals for each line of business
- Report out to UHC leadership on the results achieved and value of these initiatives to our business
- Serve as the business lead on new network capabilities and initiatives
- This can include, for example, network pricing, network design, and quality-based programs
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional partners include but not limited to finance, actuary, and clinical
- Support the pharmacy network elements of the annual bid process for Medicare and Exchanges and RFP activity for Medicaid
- Work with the respective product owners to ensure that the network design and capabilities are in alignment with growth and affordability objectives
- Collaborate closely with our pharmacy benefit manager during pharmacy network contract negotiations to ensure UHC objectives are met
- Analyze and respond to new regulatory requirements impacting pharmacy networks
- Work with the quality organization to ensure pharmacy providers are working to optimize quality-based measurements (e.g. STARS, HEDIS) by line of business
- Maintain a deep understanding of the pharmacy network landscape including competitor offerings
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience in managed care pharmacy or PBM environment
- Experience in an account management or similar role
- Experience working with retail pharmacy networks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Current, unrestricted Pharmacist license in the US or other advanced degree
- Experience working in a retail pharmacy setting
- Experience with pharmacy benefit product development
- Experience with Medicare, Medicaid, or Exchange lines of business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Pharmacy Network, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, PA, Pennsylvania, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote