If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Workforce Management (WFM) is a key leader role that will partner with senior business leaders to lead and support critical and complex U.S. and global Call, Back Office and other service channel planning and management of labor models and utilization to support OptumRx. This role will lead, guide & educate operational partners with WFM capabilities and drive operations and WFM efficiencies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead, supervise, direct, and evaluate a Workforce Management and Planning support team of approximately 110 FTE and 5 direct reports. Functional support includes operational short & long-range resource/FTE forecasting, capacity planning and scheduling via WFP and WFM resource teams.
- This role works closely with operational leadership to balance financial/service objectives while supporting multiple evolving Rx strategies including leading development of part-time, flex schedule and other capacity models to identify and drive ROI
- Role will support the development of adherence to Global/Domestic OptumRx Account Planning including strategy development and changing priorities with short to long-range business objectives.
- Strategic Planning: Will provide evaluation of long-term WFM/WFP tools and procedures - identify & develop specific process enhancements, solutions, & support automation that optimizes WFM to drive simplified user experiences & efficiencies. This role will additionally lead the implementation of business sponsored strategic goals.
- Responsibilities include the leadership for the U.S. based Optum Command Center with hours of operation and 7 days weekly support in Eden Prairie Minnesota
- Development and maintenance of capacity plans to support Optum
- Provides oversight of FTE reporting related to forecasts, projections, budgets and actuals
- Leads modeling and analysis of operational and procedural changes to determine FTE impacts to the operations
- Serve as a relationship manager between operations and finance to provide recommendations and guidance to business leaders
- Provide operational cost benefit analysis and guidance for internal business units and other Optum segments in a manner which effectively establishes, implements, and communicates departmental objectives
- Partner with and matrix to business leaders to provide control over financials, capacity planning, cost / benefit analyses, strategy, capital spending, project prioritization, and other analytic initiatives
- Support operations and finance; develop presentations for use by executive management
- Evaluate and perform risk analysis on capacity assumptions including overall and site-level workload, technology initiatives, and facilities utilization
- Lead and direct the department toward operations, procedures, and policies which assure the accurate prediction of business financial and service performance
- Provide a strategic perspective to enterprise-wide staffing challenges to facilitate and manage financial performance
- Apply creative thinking and innovation to increasingly complex issues and develop viable alternatives
- Anticipate planning, forecasting and operational issues, determine the impact and develop / implement appropriate action plans
- Practice a management style which encourages growth and development of staff and innovative improvement of processes and procedures
- Identifies and solves problems that impact the management and direction of the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or STEM
- 7+ years of experience with short / long range planning, scheduling, real-time management, intra-day forecasting, financial modeling and complex data analytics
- 7+ years of experience in supporting complex operations in a matrixed corporate environment supporting both domestic and global resources
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- 3+ years of experience in WFM technology planning systems (NICE, VERINT, or other WFM support systems)
- 2+ years of practiced automation and transformation development experience and application
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with budget management
- Senior-level finance, operations and/or strategic planning experience
- Demonstrated negotiation, influencing and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage large-scale programs across multiple operating areas
- Experience in the Healthcare industry
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and leading change required
- Ability to build strong business relationships and assess cost / benefits
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possesses strong business and financial acumen and skills
- Models ethics and integrity
- Decision maker, strategic thinker and planner
- Strong project management skills
- Strong customer focus; process orientation and demonstrated leadership skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Financial Services, Workforce Management, Director, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home