Homewood Suites Jacksonville South/St. Johns Center
10434 Midtown Pkwy
Jacksonville, Florida, 32246
Director of Sales
What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Director of Sales?
As a key member of the hotel leadership team, the Director of Sales is accountable for the revenue generation of the hotel. Reporting to the Regional Director of Sales and the General Manager, the Director of Sales is responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the hotel to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- You will be responsible for the overall sales and revenue of the property.
- You will train all associates as it relates to the sales process to maximize revenues.
- You will implement and train associates on all McKibbon procedures that relate to sales, including systems and processes.
- You will be responsible for maintaining compliance and remaining up-to-date on new sales initiatives for the brand and company.
- You will be actively involved in the STAR report.
- You will actively support the operations team.
- You will maintain positive relationships with the Management Company, property owners, and clients.
- You will act as the face of the property by being involved in the community.
- You will maintain all sales documentation and sales procedures through training, coaching, counseling, and progressive discipline when necessary.
- You will support guest experience and satisfaction in all operations.
- Associates/Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years' minimum experience as a hotel Sales Manager or Director of Sales
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Experience working with major brands like Marriot, Hilton, or Starwood (highly desired)
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share
- The skills and experience to lead a team to consistently deliver exceptional guest service and effectively grow revenues
- A proven track record of adhering to budgets
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to develop a strong sales team