If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRx is transitioning the organization to have a much stronger product and service mindset in terms of how we develop our offerings and sell in the marketplace. The Director of Product Management for the Home Delivery Pharmacy (HDP) will manage multiple product management and development activities for the home delivery product portfolio.
The role is responsible for a diverse set of accountabilities that help drive the business goals for Home Delivery. These activities include working closely with the product team and business partners to execute a strategic roadmap for enhancement and growth of the product portfolio, and effectively managing all aspects of business case development, product / capability prioritization, launch and ongoing performance management to meet the organization’s goals and market needs. Candidates for this position must demonstrate both solid product development experience and knowledge of prescription benefits.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Integrates the activities of product management and development, marketing communications, services and consulting in the development, implementation and maintenance of products that align with the business strategy
- Responsible for solutions that meet or exceed revenue and market share goals
- Manages full cycle of product / capability ideation, development, launch, management
- Synthesizes competitive analysis and market assessments to establish strategies that capitalize on market trends, customer needs and competitive positioning
- Identifies product enhancement opportunities by line of business, target customer population and consumer demographics
- Creates business cases to expand upon existing solutions, based upon thorough assessment of market viability
- Responsible for go-to-market strategy, value proposition definition and key differentiation messaging related to product enhancements
- Collects and analyzes performance data (e.g., market, financial, and operational) in order to identify new opportunities for the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or technology OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in product development, at least 3 years of which must be within any of the following settings: prescription benefits, home delivery pharmacy and/or pharmacy benefit management
- Experience compiling competitive analysis, market assessments and performance data to drive strategies that capitalize on market trends, customer needs and competitive positioning
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to lead complex projects
- Experience developing and delivering formal presentations and business cases to stakeholders and leadership
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s US Telecommuting Policy
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Knowledge of Medicare Part D benefits
- Experience developing complex product strategies and plans
- Experience with digital and technology enabled solutions, software development processes
- Product development experience in a start-up environment
- Sales and/or client management experience
- Experience with vendor contract development and vendor relationship management
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director or Product Management, Home Delivery Pharmacy, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home