We are hiring a Director of Operations who will manage the functional areas of guest registration, night audit, guest reservations, housekeeping/laundry, and food and beverages areas to ascertain guest satisfaction and associate satisfaction – and maximize hotel profitability. This position is responsible for assisting General Manager in day-to-day operations of the hotel and is acting manager in the General Manager’s absence.
- Assist with selection, training, counseling, and motivating hourly associates.
- Assist the Front Office Manager and Housekeeping Manager in the supervision of the Housekeeping Department and Front Office Department.
- Participate in the development of the hotel expense budget.
- Assist hotel management and sales teams with the implementation and execution of revenue programs to ensure that the hotel’s room occupancy, average daily rate, and RevPar objectives are met.
- Work with individual vendors - making sure services and invoices match; getting the best price for supplies.
- Ensure an associate attitude of attentiveness and anticipation of guest needs.
- Ensure proper delivery of guest special requests.
- Meet with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with all guest services and facilities.
- Responsible for knowing hotel emergency procedures. Train associates to act accordingly in the event of an emergency or accident at the hotel.
- Assist in the maintenance of the key control program that is already in place.
- Ensure the security needs of the property and guests are met.
- Participate in community activities, associate functions, and guest events.
- Ensure effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and hotel meetings.
- Communicate with the General Manager on a daily basis.
- Inform General Manager of potential problems with guests and progress of special projects.
- Perform “Manager on Duty” responsibilities as required.
- Ensure proper communication and teamwork are continuous with sister properties and carry out any reasonable request by Management that I am capable of performing.
- Supervises, guides, and trains all management level associates in the food and beverage discipline.
- Ensures that management in the food and beverage discipline is covering all hours of every shift to ensure constant supervision of each department.
- Schedules, evaluates and directs all food and beverage personnel.
- Provides associates with the necessary tools or equipment they need to perform their job.
- Takes immediate action on problems that are encountered in the food and beverage departments.
- Participates in monthly department meeting, property MOD program, weekly staff meeting, weekly sales meeting, weekly Leadership Team meeting.
- Establishes, directs, and reviews performance standards in food preparation, purchasing, and production to ensure effective, controlled, coordinated efforts are achieved. For example, specs, recipe cards, menu costing, inventory control, etc.
- Monitors, directs, and coordinates effective sanitation, cleanliness, and organization effort in food and beverage operating areas; to include maintenance and control of glassware, china, silver, and linen use and supplies.
- Coordinates efforts of the food and beverage departments to coincide with volumes in business generated by the Catering/Sales and Rooms Division. For example, group commitments, full occupancy, etc.
- Establishes, directs, and reviews liquor procedures to ensure adequate security and accountability; presentation and service performance.
- Handles or assists with any guest related complaints, as well as coordinates the follow up on those complaints.
- Knowledgeable and practices food and liquor federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Produces approved budget and operates both established guidelines in regards to costs, expenses, sales, and profit for food and beverage departments. Develops, institutes, and maintains control and procedure to ensure sameness.
- Prepares a weekly sales and payroll forecast for food and beverage departments.
- Ensures proper staffing procedures to ensure the highest possible payroll productivity at the lowest possible costs in keeping with the standards of Concord Hospitality operation.
- Works in close cooperation promotional and operational efforts to maximize achievement of sales. For example, advertising, posters, mailers, etc.
- Analyzes and monitors profit and loss statements.
- Interviews and hires new personnel if immediate manager for certain department is not available, when needed.
- Reviews and approves all food and beverage department reviews, hires, job transfers, warning notices, counseling sessions and terminations.
- Evaluates staff performance and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conducts performance evaluations and training sessions with each team member within the food and beverage department.
- Promotes and ensures the upkeep of each department’s training procedures and personnel development within the food and beverage discipline.
- Is an active member of the property’s Leadership Team.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assists other Leadership Team members and/or managers when needed. Evaluates staff performance on a 90 day, and annual basis.
- Competitive Pay
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
- 401K Retirement Program with company contribution
- Group Life Insurance equal to your annual salary
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Programs
- Verizon Wireless Discount – save up to 18% off your billing a month with our partnership with Verizon
Concord Hospitality invests in its associates by providing training and development at all levels, from interns to executive leaders. Our “Associate First” culture supports and inspires personal development both within the workplace and beyond. Concord’s associates are what our company is built upon, and we strive to recognize them for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We value work life harmony, diversity, and it is our commitment to provide the best customer service and quality accommodations possible, in every market we exist.
If you are a proven leader and are looking for a growing, award-winning company to showcase your talents with, and are ready to lead an amazing brand in a great thriving location…..we may be the perfect fit. Apply today!
Quality Community Integrity Profitability Fun
We are Concord!
Previous Marriott experience preferred
Pay Range: $61,857 - $74,229