Summary of Position Requirements
Develop awareness of types of opportunities that fit company’s land acquisition strategies and understanding of current market trends in land development and homebuilding. Oversee all Land Acquisition operations for the Division.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and coordinate potential land acquisitions opportunities.
- Manage initial review of all potential acquisitions
- Track all sites under review from initial look to contract.
- Track contract timelines – Earnest Money requests, end of due diligence and for CIC submittal. (keep Land Tracker and Top 10 list updated)
- Liaise between sub-contractors, consultants, real estate brokers, governing agencies, utility companies and other individuals and agencies relating to the land acquisition and development department.
- Network with other builders and developers to maintain market awareness and develop contacts to become a strong competitor in Division’s market areas and emerging markets.
- Develop pipeline reports for each county within the division.
- Contact and meet with developers and land sellers upon VP’s request and regularly update the land pipeline tracking records.
- Develop broad understanding of the market including the competition, house types/sizes, price points and sales absorption for each county within the target regions.
- Development/Entitlement budgeting.
- Compile material needed for any hearings and review boards.
- Work with attorney in preparation of LOI’s, Contracts and Amendments.
- Coordinate Land Acquisitions Contracts with brokers and attorneys.
- Monitor contract compliance with VP’s & outside attorneys.
- Liaise with attorneys for need of Amendments to keep contracts compliant.
- Order Earnest Money – Contract Summary and supporting material.
- Prepare Contract Summaries and narratives to be included in Greenbooks
- Compile all Due Diligence Reports needed in Greenbooks.
- Coordinate on any matters related to the needs of the HOA Management companies.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 4-year College Degree in business administration, engineering, accounting, finance or similar program required
- Minimum 4 years experience in Land Acquisition, preferably with a National Homebuilder, preferably in the southeast Florida market
- Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
- Knowledge of sales/negotiating principles and real estate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record