Our growing Jacksonville company is actively recruiting for an experienced Director of IT.
All prospective hires will be required to demonstrate they have been vaccinated for COVID-19, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Reporting to an Executive Vice President, the Director of IT plans, initiates, and manages information technology (IT) projects through leading and guidance of IT staff. The Director of IT provides general oversight of the IT infrastructure, provisioning, planning, installation and operation.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
- Manage IT staff, which includes hiring, training, guidance, and discipline.
- Manage hardware and software vendor relationships. Act as the liaison with the managed services company.
What you Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- 5-10 years of relevant technical experience, NetSuite a plus.
- Strong skills in problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work with all levels of employees in a professional manner
- Excellent analytical and decision making abilities
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines concurrently