We uplift people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship.
Who We Are
500 Global is a venture capital firm that invests early in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We work closely with key stakeholders and advise governments and corporations on how best to support entrepreneurial ecosystems so startups can thrive.
500 Global has backed over 6,000 founders representing more than 2,500 companies operating in 77 countries. Our portfolio includes 41 companies valued at over $1 billion and 125 companies valued at over $100 million. Our 140+ plus team members are located in more than 15 countries and bring experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators from some of the world’s leading technology companies.
What We Need
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the oversight, development and delivery of all global HR operational activities including but not limited to onboarding, compensation, benefits, performance, HR policies and all relevant human resource information systems.
- Develop and lead the HR Operations team in executing end-to-end processes that support a best in class employee experience throughout the employment lifecycle. Stepping in as needed to provide backup support.
- Own HR operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing human resources operations initiatives, coordinating the evaluation and management of current and or future human resources operational initiatives across the organization.
- Lead process improvement discussions within the Human Resources and People function to identify workflow, process and opportunities for technology to enable improvement and standardization.
- Maintain HR Operations playbook and engagement model for HR Points of Contact around the world.
- Further develop, deliver and track HR analytics and key people metrics to deliver enhanced operational efficiencies across the company.
- Develop and track the annual budget for all benefits, human resource systems while assessing the cost benefit analysis for program spending and recommend program enhancements.
- Drive vendor selection and negotiation of Human Resources systems partnering with other internal stakeholders to ensure consistent global delivery of systems.
- Manage all relevant HR related audit activities to ensure full compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in highly regulated industries; financial services strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge of HR practices including benefits, equity plan administration and HRIS administration
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement HR programs and processes with a strong understanding of the end-to-end HR calendar / cycle and interrelationships among various HR sub domains.
- Project leadership and problem-solving ability with experiences in identifying and leading global change.
- Strong ability to interact, influence, build relationships and communicate highly complex ideas with stakeholders at all levels of staff, management and executives.
- Effective communication and ability to make persuasive arguments to convince key stakeholders to take action and negotiate effective solutions between key individuals.
- Broad understanding of industry issues, company's businesses and other functional technical products.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
Education & Experience:
- 6 or more years experience managing or directing Human Resources Operations;
- 4-year secondary degree required; degree in Human Resources, Business Administration preferred
- HR certification preferred
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. You should also note that the Company may modify job title, pay rate, work location and benefits at its discretion from time to time as it deems necessary.