Osprey Village is seeking the BEST to serve the BEST! Now hiring a Director of Dining Services for Amelia Island's premier Retirement Community. We are seeking a professional who is innovative. You must have a passion for food and leading a team to success.
In the Director of Dining Services role you will be directly responsible for the overall operation of a restaurant-style dining service department in a Senior Living Community.
Experience and Skills:
- B.S. Degree in Food Services, Restaurant/ Culinary/Management or related field: or A.A. Degree plus five (5) years of directly related experience preferred
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of upscale retirement or adult home/care experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Five (5) plus years of direct foodservice operational management experience in a fine dining/hotel/country club setting, with inventory and purchasing knowledge and control
- Excellent knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Excellent customer services skills and experiences
- Experience with P&L accountability highly desirable
- ServSafe®: certification required
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certificate highly desirable
- Experience with one on one customer service environments
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience highly desirable
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
- Must be experienced with computers: to include, at minimum, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background checks (State and Federal) and drug screenings
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Education Reimbursement, 401k + match and 26 days of PTO.