Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Director, Mortgage Servicing Technology (Remote) at one of the following locations: Dallas, Texas; Tysons, Virginia; or Jacksonville, Florida. The primary purpose of this role is to addresss complex problems for mortgage servicing. The incumbent facilitates the growth of Penfed’s mortgage business by building the technology team. The incumbent works with Black Knight’s Mortgage Servicing Platform, data integration and reporting, strong senior executives in Operations and Technology. This role partners with experienced business leaders to build out a roadmap, a team, other areas of our technology group, and key vendors to serve our members.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as a trusted advisor, partner and advocate to business partners.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and execute roadmaps, plans, and priorities.
- Direct management of system analysis, development, testing and delivery
- Recruit, manage, train and develop human talent.
- Actively seek ways to improve processes and interactions.
- Negotiate with team members to generate ideas and clarify specifications
- Delegate tasks as necessary to team members
- Maintain a sense of urgency to deliver projects with collaborative agility
- Drive Technical Competencies into the Team, have a strong Technical Design and Architectural Expertise to achieve PenFed’s target IT architecture.
- Assist with RFP/RFI analysis, helping the business select the best products for PenFed and help justify the Buy vs Build decisions.
- Will have direct interaction with the CIO and the IT Leadership team.
- Manage third party technical staff and software vendors in the delivery of technology solutions.
- Ensure the department conforms to Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit and NCUA guidance on project management and software development.
- Maintain expert knowledge of credit union/ banking technologies and recommends changes to benefit the credit union, members and staff.
- Assist in creation of the monthly summary of portfolio, program and project progress and present to Executive Team. Prepare adhoc reports and white papers as needed and present to executive team and periodic updates on the division, to include staffing, service levels and project quality.
- Work with IT management for forecasting, budget projections, budget preparation and project expenses management.
- Collaborate with Cyber Security, Infrastructure and Compliance and other departments within the credit union to meet strategic goals.
- Respond to and implement action plans for Audits from internal auditors or external auditors.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is required.
Advance Degree or equivalent is preferred.
Minimum of twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience in IT project delivery within financial services is required.
Minimum of five (5) years out of overall IT experience should be in leading software delivery teams.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading delivery teams in agile environments.
Minimum of five (5) years with direct supervision responsibilities of 5 resources
Recent experience with Black Knight servicing products; MSP, BDE
Experience with ETL processing and data warehouse required.
Experience with agile and devops environment required.
Experience with Microsoft .NET, Salesforce, AWS and MuleSoft preferred.
- This position will directly supervise other management staff.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise and working from home.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.