Legend Senior Living is proud to be recognized as a Certified Great Places to Work!
The Windsor at Ortega is proud to be part of the Legend Senior Living family and we are hiring! A career with us means quality training, plenty of growth and development opportunities and a team that feels like family.
Legend’s Gold Leaf Dining - Only the Best…the Freshest…the Finest
Would you enjoy working in a kitchen using the freshest ingredients, creating meals from scratch and being a part of a team that takes pride in their work? If so, then we are looking for you. We are currently looking for cooks who are interested in joining a leader within the senior living Industry. Our communities offer a variety of venues in which to utilize your culinary expertise in full service linen tablecloth dining, bistros, cafes and country kitchens.
The Cook provides hands on assistance with the daily dietary needs of the residents. The Cook is also responsible for the preparation of meals from the menu plan under the direction of the Chef and coordinates and assists with the service of the meals. At all times the Cook maintains cleanliness of production and service areas.
Applicant should work well in a fast paced environment, be organized, flexible, and self-motivated. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide the highest level of culinary service and professional interaction to our residents and associates. We are looking for a Cook with previous experience, including, but not limited to:
- Follows standards for organized delivery of food service to include regular inspections of all work, storage, preparation, and service areas to determine that regulations governing food service are adhered to.
- Follows safe work procedures to include injury prevention, food safety, and infection control.
- Insures all food in refrigerator, freezer, and dry storage are labeled and dated.
- Fulfills resident special meal requests and adheres to dietary requirements.
- Possesses a minimum of one year of experience in a commercial restaurant.
Benefits are competitive and include major medical health insurance, dental coverage, life insurance, 401(k) program, voluntary insurance, paid time off, scholarships, and associate care program.
Legend Senior Living is a drug free workplace and drug screening will be conducted at the company’s discretion. This position may require the associate to work evenings and weekends as needed.