Nearly 40 years ago, our client opened shop for one reason only, to re-manufacture medium and heavy-duty Allison Transmissions. Over the years, they became really good at re-manufacturing and servicing Allisons. Today they are the "Gold Standard" for re-manufactured Allison transmissions.
Becoming part of the team: If you are a self-starter with truck mechanical experience, they may have a spot for you. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual in search of a lifetime career in the specialized trade of Allison Automatic Transmissions. Their training schedule will steer you towards success in this full-time truck transmission mechanic position. The correct candidate will be responsible for removing and replacing Allison transmissions, computer diagnostic troubleshooting, mechanical and electronic repairs at the facility and in the field as a field service to our customer locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove and replace Allison Automatic Transmissions using hand and pneumatic tools
- Perform mechanical and electronic repairs
- Perform mechanical repairs at our facility and as a field service technician
- Listen with concern to our customers and the needs that they have
Qualifications for the ideal Diesel Technician:
- Attention to Detail
- Good Follow-Up/Follow-Through
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to understand Heavy Duty Truck systems, engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes, etc.
- Good Reading/Writing/Communication Skills
- Good knowledge and comfortable with diagnosing mechanical and electrical components on vehicles with use of laptop computers and diagnostic equipment
- Customer service skills
- Clean MVR and valid driver’s license
- CDL is a plus; CDL Certification available to the right candidate
- Ability to safely and efficiently use mechanics tools and equipment
- Personal and professional integrity
- Must be physically able to work in a job site environment to include lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, crouching and reaching
- Ability to work in shop conditions with occasional exposure to extreme heat/cold