The Chief Equipment Technician maintains the dialysis equipment in our in-center facility. This includes maintaining the water treatment system, dialysis machines, reuse equipment, and other equipment used in providing dialysis care for our Southpoint Clinic in Jacksonville, FL.
- Ensures equipment maintenance and repair is completed according to the manufacturer guidelines, AAMI standards and DCI guidelines.
- Accountable for the training of all technical staff in the proper use and maintenance of equipment. Documents such training.
- Accountable for maintaining proper inventory, following DCI inventory guidelines.
- Ensures technical staff are performing according to the facility policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and documents routine staff meetings with technical staff.
- Ensures the physical plant is in good working order.
- Coordinates outside services as needed.
- Performs air quality testing according to clinic policy.
- Keeps up-to-date on OSHA and other standards to provide a safe workplace.
- Participates in on-call duties and is available in emergencies as required.