100% WORK FROM HOME
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Justin Rice
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $130,000 - $200,000 per year
A bit about us:
We provide cloud-based software that accelerates development of new and life-saving therapies. We serve the global life science industry, including thousands of clinical research sites, the most innovative biotechs, and the world’s largest biopharmaceutical companies.
We are a very promising Start Up Software Organization that is now valued over $2B. We are using it to build out more products (per client requests) and staff. We're about 100 people now (30 in Engineering) and we're looking to get to 200-250 by end of year (60 in engineering). We are changing the way medicines are developed by connecting and empowering the clinical trial ecosystem. We are a team of researchers, entrepreneurs, technologists, and healthcare-obsessed professionals building solutions that eliminate some of the biggest challenges in clinical research.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
- Remote First Our workforce is geographically distributed so that we are attractive to a broader population of candidates
- Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
- Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance, 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
- Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
100% REMOTE, FULL TIME, BASE+BONUS+EQUITY
*Must Have AWS---- Azure need not to apply
*Ideally Containerization Experience
Integral to the Engineering team, an SRE/DevOps Engineer is a pivotal and growth driven role. They are at the intersection of operations and development. They use their software development craft to build a global operation to ensure our customers achieve their mission. Their performance will set the direction of their desired growth trajectory. As a fast-growing organization, we expect every engineer to put their fingerprint on what we do and how we do it.
Our culture values every voice. What binds us is our commitment to make a long-lasting impact on quality of life.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Work with the development team in the design and construction of software.
- Design, create and maintain cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Development automation, processes and tools with an eye towards availability, latency, performance and capacity.
- Provide an application security and compliance lens on designs and code reviews.
- Support a running production environment and aid Product Owners in responding to customer facing issue
- Develop and enhance tools to improve observability of the events of our sub-systems (as championed by Charity Majors)
What You Bring:
- Strong development skills in any modern programming language.
- Knowledge of network architecture and internet security best practices
- Skilled at containerizing applications with Docker or similar technology
- Ability to create, manage, and deploy infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Ability to deploy, configure, and utilize monitoring and tracing services, such as New Relic and Datadog
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts to peers and non-technical persons respectfully and clearly
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems and system outages.
- Strong knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Skilled at implementing secure, public facing AWS Cloud based systems.
- Ability to configure and manage AWS services such as CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, et al
- Experience with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Experience implementing security controls for AWS environments, including setup and management of authentication controls, VPN’s, KMS, etc
- Experience operating and querying an ELK stack or similar solution
- Knowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee - we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remoters
AWS, Python, DevOPs, SRE, Site Reliability Engineer, Ruby, Go, IaaS, Infrastructure as a Service, Terraform
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.