- The Mechanical Drafter II creates and revise technical drawings in SolidWorks based on rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Will work with engineers and manufacturing personnel, who will provide the product technical data.
- Will incorporate these specifications into drawings for manufacture, maintenance, or repair of the products.
- Duties include collecting measurement data, creating new CAD models and drawings in SolidWorks, updating existing drawings, creating files for CNC and Waterjet, and finalizing the drawing package.
- Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical calculations and research involving precedents, manufactures’ catalogs, and technical guides.
Essential Job Functions of the Mechanical Designer Drafter:
- Uses ASME/ ANSI standards CAD design and drafting techniques and skills.
- Produces Solid Works CAD format drawings from the data and instructions received from the engineers.
- Ensures all CAD drawings are correct.
- Works within the SolidWorks EPDM system. Read and comprehend all trades’ drawings and documents.
- Attends engineering design meetings as required.
- Supports production.
- Must be capable of safely handling government furnished equipment and materials.
- Must be available to work a standard weekly schedule with overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as required.