The Dedicated Carrier Sales Specialist (CSS) is responsible in assisting in the leadership, growth, and development of their assigned TMC Logistics Branch primarily focusing on one National Account and its day to day processes and procedures. This employee will be accountable for TMC's day to day interaction with a select carrier base as well as intra-office counterparts to ensure thorough execution of the transportation strategy of the assigned National Account. The Dedicated CSS will look to lead the team in operational excellence by focusing on the core values of Quality, Integrity and Continuous Improvement. This operational excellence is accomplished through utilizing exceptional communication, organizational, creativity skills to maximize revenue potential while meeting customer service/operational requirements and organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage the day to day execution strategy for the assigned National Account that includes but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and tendering of orders to corresponding carriers that are assigned to specific lanes and business based on specific criteria
- Track and trace current orders and ensure that shipment information is updated internally in a timely fashion based on specific timelines
- Communicating issues on current orders to the rest of the National Account Team to ensure communication back to the assigned customer in completed timely manner
- Communicating order changes from the customer back to the assigned carriers and reporting back any updates to the current delivery schedule
- Keeping accurate record of each individual shipment including:
- Tendering process (acceptance, rejections (reason codes), and next carrier assigned)
- On time pick up information (in and out times)
- On time delivery information (in and out times)
- Tracking of any and all issues once and order has been assigned
- All information noted above will be recorded daily and reviewed by the team on a weekly/monthly basis
- Update all additional Team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other necessary tasks that enhance improvement to the success of the branch.
- Dedicated CSS members will be responsible for building long term and successful relationships with our partner carriers. These responsibilities will include:
- Communicating daily with each carrier on current and upcoming business and ensuring that they still see the value in partnering with our shared customer
- Being the lead on any problem resolution that happen with day to day business and making sure that each is handled fully and as quickly as possible for all parties and that each step is communicated with all the appropriate parties as needed
- Day to day problem resolution can range from tendering issues through carrier invoicing and payment challenges
CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL CSS MEMBERS:Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to stay on task and handle competing priorities from multiple parties
- Ability to handle large volumes of data and keep items organized
- Ability to build and continuously improve processes and procedures to ensure information is captured as needed and easily transferable to additional parties
- Four-year degree, preferably in Transportation and Logistics, and/or relevant experience in transportation or related field.
- Two years' experience in a 3PL environment preferred.
- Minimum 12 months experience at TMC
- Not currently on a Performance/Discipline Improvement Plan
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) products.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical requirements and work environment described is representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to sit and use telephone and computer, simultaneously, for extended periods of time.
Must be able to speak and hear clearly in a high volume telephone environment.