The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for administering LHI’s databases to ensure performance, availability, integrity and security of company databases.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Have knowledge of database administration activities including; high availability, performance tuning, automated installation, configuration and monitoring, space management, capacity planning, database backup and recovery, and disaster recovery setup
- Production support responsibilities include maximizing system availability, ensuring automated fail-over redundancy, swift and complete database recovery, optimizing database performance and availability through ongoing maintenance and enhancements, and ensuring conformance to audit and operating standards
- Work with existing database administration team
- Interact with and coach developers in developing SQL scripts, schema changes, data updates and database performance considerations
- Evaluate, install and test database management system (DBMS) upgrades and patches for DBMS software, application software, and other software related to DBMS administration
- Work with the system administrators for hardware and software installations and configurations, participate in the evaluation and recommendation of appropriate hardware and software resources for databases
- Implement and administer DBMS security
- Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles
- Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated systems
- Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities
- Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition
- May design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience
- 5+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA in a mid-sized or enterprise environment managing multiple servers and databases
- Azure based cloud experience
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Operational experience implementing and maintaining multiple relational databases including backup and recovery procedures, replication, clustering, High Availability Groups and load balancing
- Experience supporting database access from large scale .NET based windows, web, web services and RESTful API applications is desired
- Experience with other Microsoft SQL products such as Analysis Services, MS SQL Management Studio and Power BI
- Experience installing and working with SQL Server in a VM environment
- Experience with managing and maintaining SharePoint platforms is desired
- Audit experience (SOC1 & 2)
- Related MS certifications
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Experience implementing and managing database security and backup
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86, (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Azure, SQL server, Database management